Knoetic Curations: The Best of the Best
We believe many of the challenges CPOs face - designing a compensation philosophy, transitioning to a remote-first model, developing job architectures - can leverage the knowledge of the thousands of CPOs who have faced these challenges before.
As a Chief People Officer, magic happens when you overlay your own creativity and context on top of best practices that already exist.
That’s why our CPOHQ team spent 100+ hours finding the best people/HR resources in the entire world.
We’ve picked 18 of them - the “best of the best” and featured them all here. Enjoy - and if you find this valuable, feel free to forward to a fellow Chief People Officer.
Knoetic's Top Picks
- BetterWiki : A curated directory of company documents, BetterWiki has examples for career ladders, employee handbooks, employee onboarding guides, and more.
- Almanac’s People Ops, Recruiting, and Remote templates: The best place to find open-source documents and templates with thousands of resources from top executives, all easily customizable for your own team needs.
- Google re:Work: Google’s own guides for improving people processes from start to end
- Atlassian Team Playbook: Series of step-by-step self-guided workshops called “Plays” that can be used to help strengthen your teams and create empathetic transparency
- Homebrew Guides: Informative guides for people leaders, especially those in startups and smaller companies
For Management Advice
First Round Review’s Management Section : Stories and advice from hundreds of top CEOs and founders on how to make tough management decisions and improve your everyday skills.
For Remote Work
GitLab: Remote-work Resources: All of GitLab’s own guides and resources to working remotely
Zapier’s Guide to Working Remotely: Sharing the process they use to manage 300 remote employees from start to finish; here are a few especially relevant pages:
- How to build culture in a remote team
- A guide to onboarding remote employees
- The remote workers’ toolkit: 30+ productivity apps and tools
- Zapier’s own favorite remote work resources (to go even deeper)
Firstmark Resources for Education on Racial Justice: Comprehensive open-source document for improving DEI efforts, educating yourself, and tangible ways to take action
Paradigm’s Inclusion Insights: Valuable insights from case studies, webinars, and Paradigm’s own research, currently centered on how to foster inclusion while remote
Recruiting Brainfood: Beyond his weekly newsletter filled with helpful recruiting tips and tricks, Huang Lee’s Recruiting Brainfood also offers its own resource lists, including a list of online recruiter communities, HR podcasts, and job posting sites.
For People Research
- Leading Through Anxiety
- Restructure Your Organization to Actually Advance Racial Justice
- The Pandemic Has Exposed the Fallacy of the “Ideal Worker”
Deloitte Human Capital Insights: Deloitte professionals leveraging research, analytics, and industry insights to offer new improvements to people performance
Other Great Resource Guides
- HR Bartender: How-to’s and helpful links for solving everyday workplace issues
- HR Open Source: Searchable database of open-source documents collected by other HR professionals
- Ask a Manager: Public forum for asking the hard questions; check out the hiring and workplace practices sections or the open threads for great community discussions
- Holloway Guides: Comprehensive, actionable guides that have done the research for you; currently offering a free book on equity comp. and a more recent one on remote work