CPOHQ Curations: Working Parents & Back to School
We’ve heard from countless CPOHQ members about the growing challenge of supporting working parents as schools continue to shut down and companies announce the extension of WFH. Fortune recently reported that 27% of parents are considering quitting due to COVID-19.
After going through 100s of links, our Editorial team has curated 3 top guides for CPOs, and 8 resources you can share with your working parent population below.
For CPOs: 3 Guides
- LegUp’s Working Parent + Support Guide: The most comprehensive working parent guide for HR leaders, created by a group of Seattle tech leaders across 8 different companies.
- Evernote’s Guide for Supporting Working Parents: In-depth guide for how to craft work policies that help parents to perform their best.
- CPOHQ’s Guide for Working Parents: 30+ CPOHQ members shared how they’re supporting their working parents.
8 Resources to share with your working parents
- A Guide for WFH Parents outlines a 3-step process to maintaining a semblance of order in the household as WFH continues in the second half of 2020.
- Working Parent Survival Guide: A practical guide for parents with 2-10 year olds to address everything from “how to talk about COVID” to “let’s not forget about dinner again”.
- NewSchool’s Resource Database has a comprehensive collection of free at-home learning resources, and guides that parents can access.
- A tactical toolkit for how to parent proactively in the era of COVID. There are two recent posts we recommend parents reviewing including whether to put your child into a pod, homeschool, or micro-school as well as how to set up a learning environment at home.
- UNICEF's Guide for Working Parents answers all of the health-related questions parents may have regarding any potential schooling situation.
- 350+ (Mostly Free) Online Resources for Parents offer countless ways for parents to keep their children occupied and learning this fall.
- Parents Mental Health and Wellbeing brought to you by Minnesota’s Department of Health emphasizes ways for parents to continue building resilience and showing strength.
- Remote Instruction Resources curated by The New Jersey Association of School Librarians include more ways for students to continue learning despite school closures.
Tools/providers mentioned on CPOHQ
Notice: CPOHQ member Lorna Hagen & Knoetic are leading a group negotiation for working parents benefits.
If interested, you can join the "CPOHQ Group Negotiation" here.
Enjoy - we hope these are helpful in navigating the new world order.